On June 20, the first users of Instagram could enjoy the new media – IGTV (Instagram TV). Soon this content-platform will appear at all in the recommendations section.
With its platform, the social network wants to hit at once two of its competitors – YouTube and Snapchat. YouTube – more attractive monetization for bloggers. Also, they completely ripped off the Snapchat format.
– video clips up to 60 minutes
– full-screen vertical video
– quality resolution is up to 4K (files weighing up to 3.6 GB)
– profitable monetization for opinion leaders
– the service is available both within the network and a separate application
– all users can use it
– the ability to embed video links to websites and online stores
And, probably, there are many new opportunities, which we do not even know yet.
In addition to launching the IGTV platform at a nightly conference, Instagram shared another of its achievements. The last monthly activity of the user reached 1 billion! Congratulations on your favorite network!186